Deluxe Bitter Woods Version History
100913: Version 1.3b06 (Bill Thomson)
- Improved appearence of Air and Leader Units.
- Added markers for all combat results.
100823: Version 1.3b05 (Bill Thomson)
- Modified all artillery adding Control F for Fired; replacing Control S for
- Campaign and Patton's Relief of the Bulge updated for above trait.
- Odds marker now has odds 1-6 through 7-1 (1-6 through 1-2 were missing).
- Added Suppressed and Counterattack markers.
100724: Version 1.3b04 (Bill Thomson)
- Added labels to odds s so can be labeled with attack information as typically
they are the top unit in the defending stack.
- Modified movement trails so they are not shown by default; must be turned
on as needed for counter in question.
- Modified increase and decrease odds on Odds marker via control-A to increase
and control S to decrease.
100218: Version 1.3b03 (Larry Hollern, Bill Thomson)
- All counters now have both layers named so unit ID will report in the log.
'IDx' indicates stepped or fired side versus 'ID' which denotes full strength
side. An a suffix identified an armor unit. American CCA, CCB, CCR and Brit
33T and 34T are assumed armor by the id.
- Corrected am 1/26 step side.
- Corrected am 5/11 full side.
- Corrected am 26/101 step side.
- Corrected am 35/134 full side.
- Corrected am 84/333 step side
- Corrected am 99/394 step side.
- Corrected all am artillery deleting 'ra' artifact from Fired side.
- Corrected am XII 177 both sides.
- Corrected br 53/160 step side.
- Replaced nebelwerfer air defense NATO icons with rocket symbol.
- Updated scenario files: Campaign, New, Patton's relief of the Bulge. Erasing
the Bulge and Plan Martin are not yet defined.
- PENDING: Aircraft counter images; Leader counter images; Tank icons to replace
NATO armor icon.
100213: Version 1.3b02 (Larry Hollern, Bill Thomson)
- Corrected US 3/32 armor arriving on 20AM.
- Adjusted German 150 Brigade to correct start location (0111) in Campaign
- Corrected German 62/164 counter and adjusted to full strength in Campaign
- Updated Campaign to add Blown bridged at 0533, 1129, 1424 which were previously
deleted in error.
- Corrected 106/422 counter to read 422.
- Corrected by swapping Campaign At Start positions of 99/393 and 99/394.
- Updated US VIII/179 artillery to show range of 7 on FIRED side.
- Updated German variant 7A artillery to show a range of 7 on both sides.
- Marginally increased the space between the first and second stats on German
SS and British armor as when two digit combat factors exists, there is no
spacing front eh middle stat. However this affects other units in of this
type that do have a single digit combat value.
100130: Version 1.3b01 (Larry Hollern, Bill Thomson)
- Updated Campaign game file as Pz Lehr Recon (555) was MIA.
- Reset initial zoom level on OOB to 1.0.
- Corrections applied to American OOB units
- 17 pm american....9/47 regiment has an endurance rating of 5 so the
unit should be 5-5-4 not 5-4-4.
- All 3 armor units of the 17 pm should have an endurance rating of 4..not
5 so change as follows
- 10 armor A 8-4-4
- 10 armor b 8-4-4
- 10 armor R 5-4-4
- 4 division 8/22 should be 4-4-4, not 4-5-4
- 18 pm 9/39 should be 5-5-4 not 5-4-4
- 21 pm 9/60 should be 5-5-4 not 5-4-4
- problems on 3/33 armor on 20am...no step reduction
- Corrections applied to German OOB units
- 19 AM german 2/4 regiment should be 7-5-4 not reduced step of 4-5-4;
full step missing
- 21pm 79/212 should be 3-3-3...as it is on board...already reduce; full
- Updated Campaign file to reflect these changes.
- PENDING: Updated Turn Tracker so will progress from Ge 16 AM to Am 26 PM.
- PENDING: Modify counters such that counter IDs will display in log when
- Deleted three bridge built counters that were initially on board in Campaign
090131: Version 1.2b03 (Bill Thomson)
- Complete Patton's Relief of Bastogne tournament scenario file and minor
090126: Version 1.2b02 (Bill Thomson et al)
- Assimilated basic markers into general list (bridge, Engaged, CA, Improved
- Fixed NEW scenario so basic map and all counters on OOB appear for scenario
- Errors fixed for the US 2/39 and 7/CCB to show correct reduced stats.
- PENDING: Complete creating tournament scenarios, others and edits).
080726: Version 1.1b06 (Bill Thomson)
- Mapboard updated as the 1.0 version was cropped at the south side.
- Hex ID implemented; now displayed with mouse-over view.
- Added Zoom Capability; Hide Pieces, and Capture to secondary maps.
- Functional markers added.
- Campaign scenario integrated into FILE/SCENARIO pull-down menu.
- Order of Battle (aka Appearance) secondary maps added for Allies and Germans.
- Corrected Div ID of American 99/394.
- Default changed so Movement trails are visible.
- Corrected id of 8th rocket.
- Corrected flip capability from 16th rocket.
- Corrected 560 Division start locations.
- Corrected 2/304 Start location.
- Added Lehr/Recon unit.
- Added 7th Army Garrisons.
- Deleted 1d10 and 2d10 buttons.
- Changed initial zoom level of map and OOBs.
- Added a thin yellow border to SS units.
- Added Range to American artillery with ranges higher than the default 4.
- Added do not stack trait to VP, bridge, bottleneck, and garrison markers.
These are selected by holding down the shift key when selecting.
- PENDING: Adding standard set of HELP files.
- PENDING: Turn counter corrected.
- PENDING: Add missing bridge at location XXXX.
080707: Version 1.0 (Bill Thomson)
- Initial version based on WGA Vassal module template credited to Brent Easton,
Jeff Wise & Bill Thomson.
- Full permission for module created granted by Bruno Sinigaglio, DBW Game
Please send all additional comments, suggestions for enhancements/modifications/error