PANZERGRUPPE GUDERIAN SPI ERRATA
Taken from Web Grognards
From: "Ted Kim (Random Dude)" <tek@FICUS.CS.UCLA.EDU>
Subject: PGG Errata
Here is the errata for PGG from S&T 58 plus the rail cut rule from the
AH version. Thanks to Danny Holte for originally typing the S&T 58
Ted H. Kim WWW: http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/tek
UCLA Computer Science Dept. Phone: (310) 825-7307
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: (310) 825-2273
- [3.4] CLARIFICATION: The Soviet Mechanized units are considered to be Armored
Units for set-up and reinforcement purposes. There are more Soviet Armored
units in the countermix than are needed for play. This was done deliberately
to give wider fluctuation to Soviet armored capabilities in the game.
- [6.37] ADDITION TO AH VERSION: German combat units moving through a Railroad
hex may cut that rail line. Mark cut rail lines by placing a Rail Cut Marker
in that hex. Soviet units may not use Rail Movement into or through a Rail
Cut Marker. Rail Cut Markers are removed by Soviet combat units entering the
Rail Cut hex while moving normally during the Movement Phase. Rail Movement
may resume over repaired rail lines during the Turn following their repair.
The number of rail cuts permitted is restricted by the number of markers provided
with the game (6). The German Player may, however, remove Rail Cut Markers
previously placed by moving a German combat unit over the cut, and thus make
the marker available for new cuts.
- [6.59] CLARIFICATION: Supply for all units involved in Overrun attacks is
determined at the instant of overrun.
- [6.7] TERRAIN EFFECTS CHART, CORRECTION: Under Road Hex, the reference to
Case 11.14 should read 11.13.
- [15.11] CORRECTION: In the last paragraph of this case, the reference should
read 14.23 (not 13.23).
- [15.2] ADDITION (NOT INCLUDED IN AH VERSION): The actual outcome of the
German campaign was a German Marginal Victory. The Play of the game reflects
this to some extent (i.e., there is a bias in favor of a German Marginal Victory).
If the players so wish they may consider a German Marginal Victory a "historical"
victory, but a German "player" may win only if he achieves a Strategic
Victory or better. In such a case, a German Marginal Victory would be considered
- [16.1] CLARIFICATION: The Reinforcement schedule in the rules is right,
not the table on the map. i.e., the Soviet player does not receive Turn 12
- [16.2] CORRECTION: In Game-Turn Two, the German Player receives the 26th
Infantry Division, not the 16th.
- [16.2] ADDITION: On Game-Turn Seven, Entrance Area E, the German player
receives, in addition to those units listed, the 268th Infantry Division.
Subject: Panzergruppe Guderian Errata
From: Ross Hagglund <email@example.com>
Panzergruppe Guderian Errata
(insert to SPI-flattray)
as of 25 July 1977
This errata is numbered to correspond with the rules Cases being corrected.
- [11.13] This case does apply to Case 11.11 but does not apply to Case 11.12,
i.e., when using the twenty Movement Point routine to trace supply, the cost
to cross the river is paid regardless of the presence of roads.
- [16.2] GERMAN REINFORCEMENTS
- The last listing is a typographical error. The listing after the Game-Turn
Eight listing should read as follows:
- Enter Game-Turn Nine in Entrance Area G: 31st and 34th Infantry Divisions.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page