WAR IN EUROPE ERRATA KC WITE Rule Booklet
Paul Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hank Meyer <email@example.com>
29 November 1996
KC REVISED ERRATA FOR SPI'S WAR IN EUROPE, Revision 2, June 1984
EXCLUSIVE RULES FOR WAR IN THE EAST (SECOND EDITION) BOOKLET
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
- [44.0] (Correction) Number of units in Game:
- Rumania: 2-4 Infantry Division - 27
- 1-6 Armored Division - 6
- Soviet Union: Rail Line Repair Number of units in Game - 9
- Germany: Air points - 99
- [45.1] Stage 2 (Correction) The first phase is moving the Cycle Record
- [46.16] (Correction) Arms and Training Centers may stack together.
- [46.19] (Addition) Also see case 74.35 regarding moving of Centers.
- [46.32] (Clarification) These are units which the Soviet Player removed
from play on the map, or takes directly from the Production Spiral and puts
into the Cadre Box of the Production Display.
- [46.34] (Change) The Soviet player is prohibited from initiating the
production of Corps sized units prior to Limited or Total War. Exception:
Corps sized units may be built for the Siberian army. Note that this
exception is not for units just built in Siberia - it applies only to those
units built for the Siberian army, Case 48.4.
- [46.51] (Clarification) This Case applies to Total War only.
- [46.7] (Clarification) Militia units are considered lost if the Soviet
Player does not receive them due either to Axis Control or occupation of
the city, or because of the counter limit. This loss does count toward
Arms Center Disruption. Units removed for Disbandment (Case 49.4) do not
count toward Disruption. The reduction of a Soviet Corps to a battlegroup
counts as one for the purpose of Disruption of Arms Centers. The total
elimination of a Soviet Corps counts as two units lost, one for the
reduction of the Corps and one for the battlegroup. Each is counted
- [46.7] (Correction) Only permanent Siberian Centers are not affected by
Disruption. Centers moved to Siberia are affected.
- [46.7] (Clarification) Disruption applies only to the first five Cycles
- [47.0] (Correction) A unit completing its Production Cycle also may be
placed in the Cadre Box.
- [48.1] (Clarification) Units produced in Siberia do not have to enter
immediately, and are not counted in the number of units that can rail per
turn, unless they rail onto the board. If they do not come onto the board
the first turn, they must pay the Entrainment cost to use Rail Movement on
the second turn or later.
- [48.26] (Clarification) Soviet units may not fight their way back onto the
eastern map-edge from Siberia.
- [48.44] (Reference) See Case 74.72 for removal of extra Siberian units
(Campaign Game/WAR IN EUROPE only).
- [49.4] (Correction) Four 1-4 Infantry Divisions are worth two Personnel
Points, not one.
- [51.0] (Clarification) This Case applies to WAR IN THE EAST only, not to
WAR IN EUROPE.
- [53.36] (Change) See Case 32.36.
- [53.44] (Change) Italian units are prohibited from entering Map Sections
B, F, and G; exception - they may transit through Poland by Rail.
- [53.53] (Addition) Also see Case 73.27.
- [53.6] (Clarification) This Case does not apply to WAR IN EUROPE.
- [54.21] (Clarification) (WAR IN THE EAST only) A Finnish unit 10 hexes
from the Finnish Border may attack a Soviet unit 11 hexes from the Border.
- [54.21] (Omission) The word "Finland", as used in this Rule, signifies
territory defined by the September 1, 1939, boundary between Finland and
the Soviet Union.
- [54.24] (Addition) Axis Air Range may be traced from any hex in Finland.
- [57.1] (Addition) See Case 6.8.
- [57.2] (Addition) Soviet Rail Repair capabilities - see Case 6.69.
- [58.11] (Correction) Delete "Total Attack Strength which is equal to
greater than the printed (unmodified)."
- [60.0] (Addition) All Partisan Cadre must be placed in Enemy hexes.
- [60.42] (Reference) See all Rules, Case 31.2, including Errata.
- [60.43] (Clarification) See Case 31.23.
- [60.46] (Clarification) Eliminated partisan units do not reduce to Cadre.
- [60.51] (addition) (WAR IN EUROPE) The cost to raise Ukrainian 4-5
Infantry Divisions is two Production Points. The cost to rebuild is one
Production point. The number of Cycles required to produce both is one.
- [60.51] (Correction) Ukrainian units are 4-5's, not 6-5's.
- [60.51] (Clarification) Ukrainian units are treated the same as the units
for the side that controls them.
- [61.42] (Clarification) The Sevastapol hex triples the Defense Strength
one Friendly Infantry unit in the hex.
- [61.74] (Addition) Occupation of the five Soviet Resource Centers also
would result in reduction of Soviet Arms points Production by 75%.
- [61.8] (Correction) The Special Supply/Weather Effects in Case 61.8 all
are for the first Winter in that the Axis player has German units in Russia
in a Severe Weather Area.
- [61.8] (Clarification) The Special Supply/Effects apply to the first 13
Cycles of Total War.
- [61.82] (Clarification) The First Winter Effects apply to the first 20
Snow Turns of Total War.
- [61.83] (Title Correction) Additional First Winter Effects.
- [61.83] (Clarification) The Soviet First Winter Effect of choosing an "Ar"
result on any attack applies only to attacks made in the Severe Weather
- [63.21] (Change) (3) RR to (4) RR.
- [63.6] (Addition) 2a at G4223 Moscow.
- [64.21] (Correction) Axis Rail Net:
- Branch 1: G3011 should be G3010
- Branch 5: H2207 should be H2307
- RR at G3010, not G3011
- [64.22] (Correction) 1 (0-1-10) to 1 (10-1-10).
- [64.3] (Correction) The 1-10 is a (1)-10.
- [65.3] (Addition) (5) Place Axis mechanized units. The existing (5) now
becomes (6). (Addition) Use the 1942 Start Line for Soviet/Finnish Front.
- [66.3] The same as Case 65.3 above.
- [66.4] (addition) (5) Finland already has lost two 4-5's.
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page