WWII: European Theater of Operations 1939-45
- TITLE: WWII: European Theater of Operations, 1939-45
- PUBLISHER: Simulation Publications Incorporated (SPI)
- SCOPE: The title does good job. WWII: European Theater
of Operations, 1939-45
- RULEBOOK VERBAGE: WWII is a simulation on an army level
scale of the European, North African, and Middle Eastern theaters of operations
from 1939 to 1945. The simulation is primarily of land conflict with the secondary
influence of naval and air forces.
- GAME BOX VERBAGE:
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1973
- Game Design:
- Physical Systems and Graphics:
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2+ (multiplayer teams)
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS):
- MAP SCALE: 120 miles in distance.
- UNIT SCALE:
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: Seasonal turns (3 months).
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS: Campaign turns; 1939 scenario, 1940
scenario 1941 scenario.
- ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: #### counters, One unmounted 22" x
28" game mapsheets, 8 page rules booklet which includes 1 page of optional
rules, multiple game charts, two dice.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Never appeared as an event.
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested in its java strategy.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: I have not played this oone.
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: One unpunched
copy. Currently converting rulebook to create a 2nd edition rulebook, incorporating
SPI errata and other materials as color coded text optional rules etc.
- WGA has initiated the project to create a Java application VASSAL
module at this time.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page